In 2011 Mohamed worked as a Community Liaison officer with Southern Cross Education Institute and co managed its relocation to North Melbourne where a large number of newly arrived Africans reside.
- Coordinator “Fun under the Aussie Sun” festival sponsored by the Blue Light Foundation and Victoria Police.
- Coordinator “Emerge in the West” festival with Multicultural Arts Victoria.
- Chairperson; steering committee AASBA (African Australian Small Business Association).
- Committee Member with Unity Cup 2014 , Africa Day Melbourne 2014 and the Mandela’s Memorial Service
- Ambassador for peace with UPF
- Honorary Member with the Victorian Libyan and the Ethiopian Somali Community in Victoria
- A steering committee member with Refugee Action Collective and Represents EAJP in the Refugee Action Network.